The Hybrid Plattform is a cross-disciplinary project platform on the Campus Charlottenburg. In this pilot project from the Berlin University of the Arts (UdK) and the Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin), artists, scientists and experts collaborate beyond their individual disciplines and universities, investigating future-oriented topics and issues. The results are unique projects, new networks, further platforms and innovative approaches for teaching and research.
The Hybrid Plattform is
- an organizational gateway and adapter of sorts between our universities and various cooperation partners,
- an academic incubator for new ideas in interlinked research and in teaching,
- a reflexive intermediary for coordination and facilitation in transdisciplinary cooperation,
- a communications interface between the universities, the cultural and academic landscape and the public.
The Hybrid Plattform offers
- national and international networks for project partners, experts and organizations for an active exchange,
- a versatile platform for presenting new research fields and ideas through talks, events, retreats, and symposia, as well as press communication,
- professional project support, funding advice, and science management,
- institutional knowledge with regard to cultures, organizational processes and cooperation mechanisms at the TU Berlin and the UdK Berlin and with external partners,
- the implementation of formats that spread a hybrid way of thinking in teaching and with junior academics and young artists.
Hybrid Plattform is an active link between the TU Berlin and the UdK and has distinguished itself as a unique interface between the two universities. Its services are essential for projects, funding applications and strategic orientations that extend beyond the limits of the respective institutions and for the exchange of art, science and technology.