May 30, 2013, 6 p.m.
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Bau of PTB, Abbestr. 2–12, 10587 Berlin
The eighth Hybrid Talks focus on the large field of “space perception”. Usually we take the space around us for granted. We don't think about how landscape and city, buildings and soundscapes arise around us. The diversity of our perception capability and its implications for creative and constructional processes will be discussed by experts of planning, design and art.
- Prof. Jörg Stollmann (TU Berlin, Chair of Urban Design and Architecture):
“Alles das Selbe, nur anders.” (All the same, but different.)
- Prof. Alexandra Ranner (UdK Berlin, Architecture Programme):
“Die Gesprächigkeit der Dinge” (The communicativeness of things)
- Matthias Graf von Ballestrem (TU Berlin, Building Construction and Design):
“Implizite Räume” (Implicit spaces)
- Anke Eckardt (UdK Berlin, Sound and Media Artist):
- Prof. Brigitte Schulte-Fortkamp (TU Berlin, Engineering Acoustics):
“Raumakustik und Klangräume” (Room acoustics and sound spaces)
The Hybrid Talks provide an opportunity for mutual exchange and inspiration. Short presentations by multiple speakers allow a multifaceted view on one subject and an opportunity for conversation.
The building Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Bau of PTB (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt) offers an extraordinary space experience. Here you will find information how to get there.
Did you miss the last Hybrid Talks? Here we share with you the audio recordings of the presentations!