February 7, 2013, 6 p.m.
Berlin University of the Arts, Hardenbergstr. 33, Alte Bibliothek (Room 101/102)
The sixth Hybrid Talks focuses on “material” – from idea to application. We will have a look at innovations in materials research as well as the development of new fields of materials: the whole process of research, design, production, usage and recycling. Aspects like holistic design and multifunctionality in broad fields of application are essential in the development of new materials; but old materials too hold exciting insights and potentials still to be discovered.
- Prof. Burkhard Schmitz (Design of interactive systems, UdK Berlin):
"Material, Energy and Information"
- Hanna-Lisette Wiesener (Trikoton. The Voice Knitting Collection):
"Neoanalog Knitting Method"
- Dr.-Ing. Lutz Rautenberg (Polymertechnology and Polymerphysics, TU Berlin):
"Synthetics – Material and Technology"
- Thomas Andrae (3M New Ventures):
"Finding the Needle in the Haystick"
- Daniel Schwaag (elegant embellishments) & Prof. Dr. Arne Thomas (Department of Chemistry, TU Berlin):
"Decycling – Carbon dioxide binding Materials"
The Hybrid Talks provide an opportunity for mutual exchange and inspiration. Short presentations by multiple speakers allow a multifaceted view on one subject and an opportunity for conversation.
Did you miss the last Hybrid Talks? Here we share with you the audio recordings of the presentations!